Water Resources Projects...
Some examples of Macquarie Franklin’s experience in the water resources area are listed below.
System design and engineering
- Farm layout designs, Irrigation system design, specification, tendering and construction supervision – both large and smaller scale projects. Ongoing for various clients.
- Dam feasibility, project management, catchment yield assessment, and permit (water and dam licence) approval. Ongoing for various clients
- Lower Huon Bathing water system – design and implementation of system upgrades to enhance flow capabilities (this system supplies water to around 70% of the state salmon production). Tassal and Huon Aquaculture, 2014-2015.
- Preliminary hydraulic system design for Great Forrester Brid Irrigation Scheme, Tasmanian Irrigation, 2012
- Technical review of pump station design, South Esk Irrigation scheme. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2012
- Provision of Embedded Project Manager for various irrigation schemes. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2008-2016
Water monitoring and assessment
- Transmission loss assessment for the Brid River, Great Forester River and Hurst Creek, Scottsdale Irrigation Scheme and Meander River, Meander Valley Irrigation Scheme. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2016
- Water monitoring weir construction (Dunns Creek and Midland Water Scheme (MWS)). Tasmanian Irrigation, 2013 – 2015
- General assistance with hydrography support and advice on all aspects of water quantity data including collection, analysis and reporting. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2016
Waste water projects
- Dairy effluent management plans for existing and new dairy operations, various clients, 2008 – ongoing
- Groundwater bore monitoring and surface water sampling – Monthly groundwater bore monitoring for South East Irrigation Scheme Stage 3 (SEIS3) and surface water sampling for across SEIS2 and SEIS3. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2015 – 2016
- General assistance with technical issues relating to agricultural waste water re-use systems – Ranelagh and Triabunna. Tassal, 2014-2015
- Clarence Recycled Water Scheme– Since the Scheme commenced operation in 2016, Macquarie Franklin has provided the management and extension services to the State’s largest recycled water scheme. This includes delivery of training events that focused on sustainable irrigation of soils. Clarence Recycled Water Board & TasWater, 2007–2009
Training, extension and stakeholder management
- Development and delivery of Intelligent Irrigation Training Course. NRM North, 2014
- Tasmanian Water Use Management Project, coordinating and liaising with landowners on the installation of telemetry on water meters. Sub contract with Entura (formerly Hydro Tasmania Consulting), 2009 to 2011
- Farm irrigation energy audits and four field day presentations on Irrigation Energy Efficiency. Dairy Tas and Dairy for Tomorrow, 2010
- Development of the Pump Efficiency Tool. A simple excel based tool for famers to self audit pump efficiency. NRM North, 2009
Feasibility and impact studies
- Clarence Reuse Supply and Demand Study. Modeling of supply and demand scenarios for the Clarence Recycled Water Scheme to inform future management strategies. Southern Water, 2013
- Pre-feasibility pipeline design and costing for the Great Forester Brid Irrigation Scheme. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2011
- Enterprise Margins and Water Demand for Whitemore, South Esk, Jordan, Shannon-Clyde, Tomahawk-Great Forester, Sassafras-Wesley Vale and Kindred-North Motton Irrigation Schemes. Tasmanian Irrigation, 2008-2010
- Development of scheme model for total water balance and Duck Hole dam projections running scenarios pre and post commissioning to aid implementation. TasWater, 2013